Part I: Application Details
* Compulsory Items
Part II: Personal Particulars
Part III: Other Relevant Information
Equal Opportunities for Learning at HKU SPACE
Statement on Collection of Personal Data
- It is the School policy to offer equal opportunities to all applicants with or without disabilities.
- To enable us to meet the needs of all students, you are invited to indicate on this form whether you require any special assistance. If you do need such assistance, the School may approach you subsequently to obtain further details so as to facilitate our planning and assess how best we can help you.
General Notes to Applicants
- It is necessary for applicants to supply their personal data and to provide all the information requested in the application documents, as otherwise the School may be unable to process and consider their applications.
- The personal data provided in this form will be used for processing your application for admission, and for registration, academic and administrative communication, alumni management and contacts, research, statistical and marketing (including direct marketing) purposes. The data will be solely handled by HKU SPACE staff but may be transferred to an authorised third party providing services to the School in relation to the above purposes and prescribed purposes as allowed by the law from time to time.
- When the processing and consideration of all the applications for a particular programme have been completed: (a) the application papers of unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed (if you have indicated to receive our promotional materials in Paragraph 6 then your contact details and related papers would be retained for such purposes); and (b) the application papers of successful candidates will serve as part of the applicant’s official student records and will be handled by HKU SPACE staff or by staff of an authorised third party providing services to the School in relation to the stated purposes. In all such circumstances, please be assured that any personal information you supply will be kept strictly confidential.
- Upon enrolment, applicants will be required to submit a recent colour photo for student identification purpose.
- The School will send urgent messages to students via Short Message Services (SMS) and supplement by other means such as email (if the need arises). It is therefore important that the mobile phone number and email address that the applicant provides are accurate. Any change should be reported to the School immediately. Those who have genuine difficulty in receiving urgent messages via SMS should contact the programme teams for separate arrangements.
Use of Personal Data related to Direct Marketing
- From time to time, the School will send the latest updates and promotional materials to applicants/students and alumni on the availability of the programmes and courses, seminars and events, discounts and offers, clinics and other services as well as the alumni events, privileges and offers, networking opportunities and fund-raising initiatives through various communication channels such as direct-mail, email and mobile phone, by using your personal data (including, but without limitation to, your name, contact details and other information collected in your profile such as the programme(s) you enrolled, your graduation year etc). You always have the right to make subsequent changes on your choice of receiving further marketing materials by sending a written unsubscribe request (by email or by post) to the School at any time.
- Under the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, applicants have rights to request the School to ascertain whether it holds your personal data, to be given a copy, and to apply for correction of the data, if deemed incorrect. Applications for access to personal data should be made by using a special request form and on payment of a fee. Such applications for access of information should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer, HKU SPACE. For general requests of personal data amendment, please fill out the ‘Application Form for Personal Data Amendment’ and submit it to HKU SPACE
- For details on the School’s policy on personal data (privacy), please refer to the School Prospectus or Website (http://hkuspace.hku.hk/policy-statement/privacy-policy.)
- HKU SPACE, being part of the University of Hong Kong, the Personal Information Collection Statement of the University also applies and can be accessed from https://www.aal.hku.hk/admissions/documents/pics.pdf. Being in partnership with other overseas Universities offering selective programmes, it also endeavours to comply to their laws and regulations as far as practicable. However, the School is obliged to maintain part of the students’ records in perpetuity for reasons stated in this PIC.
- Application can be done by filling in this online Form and paid by PPS/Credit Card.
- If you are applying/have enrolled for more than one course with HKU SPACE, please check to ensure that there are no scheduling conflicts before submitting your application form.
- Course fees paid are not refundable or transferable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If you do not receive a timetable one week before module starts, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2520-4665.
- Statement of Attendance can be issued after completion of the course in April upon request. Students who require a statement of attendance should submit form (SF22) with a stamped self-addressed envelope and crossed cheque for HK$30 (per module) made payable to “HKU SPACE" to the School’s Enrolment Counters.
Notes to Non-local Applicants
Notes on Class Arrangements under the COVID-19 Outbreak
Given the COVID-19 situation might still be fluid, please note that the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary. Our respective Programme Teams
will contact students concerned with details of such arrangements before the class starts or during the classes as necessary.
- To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up full-time and part-time studies. Non-local applicants issued with a valid employment visa also do not need prior approval to pursue part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Admission to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa. Applicants may wish to note that part-time courses are generally NOT considered by the Immigration Department for visa purposes except for self-financed, part-time locally accredited taught postgraduate programmes awarded within the HKU System through HKU SPACE.
Part IV: Declaration and Authorisation
- I declare that all information given in this application form is, to the best of my knowledge, accurate and complete.
- I authorise the School to obtain, and the relevant authorities to release, any information about my qualifications and/or employment as required for my application.
- I consent that, if registered, I will conform to the Statues and Regulations of the University and the rules of the School.